Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Fun Weekend Visitors

I had the treat of spending the weekend before last with some of my dear friends.  Sarah made the trip down from NJ to spend the weekend with me and Katy joined us on Saturday for a full day in Richmond.  I'm thankful to Sarah's parents, Andy, and David who cared for all the kiddies so that we could all enjoy a fun girls weekend together. 
We often go out to find fun things to do, but we also are content just hanging out, catching up, eating, and taking pictures.  The misty/stormy weather wasn't exactly ideal for outdoor photography and our originally planned photo taking outing, but we still managed to find plenty of reasons to tote our cameras around and snap shots. 

We hit the little farmer's market within walking distance from my place earlier on Saturday.  It was a quick trip given the dreary weather and cool temperatures.  We also had homemade ice cream to make back at home so that gave us plenty of reason to get back quickly for lunch.  We shopped a little that afternoon and then made our way over to Katy's parents' house to see her younger sister before she headed off to her last Prom.  The combination of realizing that Sally was only 5 years old when we first met her and thinking of our last Prom being 13 years ago aged us a bit.  We enjoyed reminiscing about what it was like to get all dolled up in a fancy dress for Prom back in our high school days.  I'm sure we overwhelmed Sally with our 3 cameras all going off like crazy.  Sally's dress was stunning and she looked so beautiful!




After we finished playing paparazzi, we headed to Carytown for dinner.  A stormy evening made it more difficult to choose a place to eat dinner so we ended up diving into a diner to get in out of the rain.  It definitely was not my first choice (especially after the wonderful restaurant Sarah treated me to in Philly when I visited her a few months back), but it turned out to be fine (with the exception of the rain that started to splatter down on us while waiting for our food).

Sarah and I headed to Charlottesville early Sunday morning to join David, Katy & gang for church.  We then headed to their house for lunch and were joined by Becca and her newest addition, Molly Elizabeth.  Seeing as Becca had only had Molly a week before, she wasn't exactly up for our full girls weekend so it was nice to still get to spend some time all together on Sunday afternoon. 

Ainsley was quite taken with Becca's littlest






1 comment:

  1. Of course I love this post and the one before! I'm definitely snagging that first picture to print and frame of the three of us, so cute! I had so much fun and can't wait to make it down again asap to visit again (and also use your photo skills to get a good family picture!)

    ReplyDelete