One step at a time, one project at a time. I would love to be breaking out my sewing machine more frequently and I'd also love more reasons to visit craft stores. My creative projects these days (or the last 6 years) have been extremely limited with the exception of the aforementioned quilt that took me years to complete. All this said, I've been itching to exercise the right side of my brain. There's just something therapeutic about working to create something with my hands.
I decided that this was the week to try a small little sewing project. I got this idea from my friend, Beth (roommate in college), who has many impressive & beautiful projects she's tackled this year that I keep admiring on her blog. I'm thankful for her inspiration and for the helpful pointers she's passed along. Even though she does not live close, it has been fun to compare notes and share ideas over email.
This crayon holder was super easy and took way less time than expected. I almost spent more time picking out the fabrics, rick rack, and ribbon than making the holder itself.






It's so cute! I don't know how you found time, but good job!
ReplyDelete