One of my favorite things about vacationing on the west coast is the time difference. Cabo was only 2 hours behind while we were there so that was the perfect amount to keep me going to bed on the earlier side and waking up earlier than I usually would with a full day ahead. It felt great to get good sleep but still wake up before the sun came up. I slept in the living room area so the first thing I would do when I awoke was open the curtains and go out on the balcony. And this is what I saw on Day 5...a cruise ship had come in overnight. It turns out that there were actually two anchored out in the Sea of Cortez.
Sharon's parents headed home early so it was just me and Sharon left to enjoy our last full day in Cabo. The only item remaining on Sharon's "want to explore" list was to try to climb over the rocks at the end of the beach to get over to Lover's Beach and Lands End, which we had seen from the water days before on our cruise. The tricky part was timing the climb with the tide. There were only certain times of the day (low tide) when you could cross the rocks. Of course, this just made me nervous because I imagined climbing to the top, the tide rushing in (not totally unreasonable seeing how crazy the waves were), and then being stuck for the next 6 hours. Of course, this was just my super cautious personality kicking in. Fortunately, Sharon was really excited about our adventure and was more confident that we could make it to the other side. So...we went...
Starting the climb...
Pretty neat view/perspective of the beach we just walked down...
We met a Mexican friend who hung around near the top of the rocks to help people like us as we climbed probably hoping to make some money off of tips. We didn't tip him but he still helped us and snapped a quick photo.
He spoke rapid fire Spanish and didn't let up for the entire time we were around him. Unfortunately, neither of us knew much Spanish and he knew what seemed to be no English so between the three of us, no one could understand a word. He didn't seem to be warning us to not go further so I hoped it was good for us to keep pressing on. I was relieved when he finally left us alone because his potent cologne was about to kill me.
We made it over the rocks and then had to walk a bit on the beach
And this brought us to Divorce Beach, which is on the backside of Lover's Beach (if you are looking from the water side at Lover's). On the other side of the rocks below is the big arch...
We made it to Lover's Beach!
Because of the ships that came in that morning, there was a ton of traffic on the beach and in the water. It looked like many of the passengers on the ships took water taxis over to Lover's Beach (no other way to get there by land besides how we did) and spent the day there (rather than exploring any other parts of Cabo. It's so beautiful there that I didn't blame them.).
Some of the coolest rocks...all different textures, shapes, and sizes...
And then we headed back...
This next picture shows scale for the one above...
The ledge along the wall of this hotel was built in to walk on rather than on the beach because of the concerns of big waves and high tides. We, again, walked on the beach but were told that we should be up on the walkway built for our safety.
This was the only day that I spent in the other section of our hotel on the beach. We enjoyed our pools so much at The Ridge that we hardly made the trek down to the oceanfront. I did enjoy the view of the Pacific for the day, though.
We had been eyeing the fish spa every time we walked by the spa to our lobby. I had just recently heard about this type of foot treatment and was intrigued. When it came down to it, I decided to just watch Sharon. I was afraid that having little fish biting my feet might end up freaking me out and I had visions of starting to kick and splashing these rare fish out of the tank. Because these are supposed to be a very special type of fish, I opted to not take a chance. All I can say is that it's a very interesting way to have your feet cleaned, smoothed, and softened.
We did not have any set dinner plans this night so as a last minute decision we headed over to the Grand Solmar (neighboring hotel that was new and spectacular) again to try one of their restaurants.
More interesting landscaping on the way...

More interesting landscaping on the way...
We were able to be seated at a table with a wonderful view of the ocean, the rocks, and a beautiful sunset. It couldn't have been a more perfect last dinner or end to our trip.
And I'll close this beautiful evening with an Instagram photo
No comments:
Post a Comment