Saturday, July 23, 2011

The Kind of Class I Like to Take...

I remember feeling the greatest sense of relief as I finished my last exam at the University of Virginia back in May of 2002 (almost 10 years ago...yikes!).  I thought to myself, "If I never have to take another exam for the rest of my life, I would be absolutely, positively fine with that."  I figured that this perspective could change as the memories of the pain from those classes/exams faded over time, but I really have had no desire to go back to school in any form or fashion.  I finally bit the bullet and recently signed up for a class. 

Ok...let me be completely honest, this Basic Camera Skills class that I recently enrolled in doesn't really count as a bona fide "class", but it still was a big step for me nonetheless.

So...I started this week at a local arts center that offers adult art classes.  I am super excited to finally learn (I hope!) some of the basic functions of my camera.  With all the photos I have been taking recently, I have been growing increasingly frustrated with my lack of knowledge of all that my camera can do. 

I left the first class feeling good about the instructor and the 7 other students with whom I will be spending the next 6 weeks.  Our argentinian instructor was already making fun of me by the end of the night because of the number of photos I take so I think it will be an entertaining experience. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to hear about your class (and everything else from the last few weeks!) Last chat soon--maybe tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic in your picture!!! At first I was like wait who is that?? : ) ah! I'm so excited your taking a class (even though you have a natural talent already!) we have been taking one too! It's the basics Larrys snoozing I'm sure but I need it. I already messed up the settings on my camera in the first class when we were learning about aperture. Go figure!

    Well, take care!! Miss you!! Glad to see your branching out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that picture! I'm going to have to forward it to a certain someone... :)

    ReplyDelete