Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Emily & Murray's Wedding

My sweet friend Emily got married on July 2nd!  It was such a special time for me to be with her beforehand as she prepared for this day and on the day as she started this new part of her life with Murray.  After many years of talking about this day and praying for who God would bring into her life, it was hard to hold back the tears as I watched her walk down the aisle so radiant and beautiful on her wedding day.  Congratulations & many blessings to Emily & Murray!

Now for the fun part...sharing the pictures!  Although I've included quite a few, I cannot tell you how much time I have spent sorting through all the shots to determine the best ones to share.  What a task for someone who cannot even delete blurry shots that I've taken!  Here goes with a nice "sampling" from Emily's events...  

Some highlights... 




The Rehearsal & Dinner


Kristen, Emily, & Nikki
A beautiful bride-to-be and 2 friends who look great after just recently having babies! It was so great to see friends (like Kristen & Nikki!) from college who I haven't seen much since those days.   



The big day...getting our hair done...

Loved the flower!


Getting ready...
Reminiscent of old college days doing each other's hair :)
All eyes were fixed on Emily as she finally put on her dress. It was so perfect for her!
A stunning bride!

All ready to go...





Reception at the Stonewall Jackson Hotel...

All the UVA girls with Murray & Emily


Joseph & Kristen with their sweet little guy, Maddox

Delicious cake!
I can now understand how it was actually possible for Emily to not have Ukrop's wedding cake because this one was so good. I splurged and gave up on my gluten-free diet to enjoy this tasty cake!
My old roomie, Nikki, & her husband, Sebastian, with their 3rd little one (Analeigh)

The new Mr. & Mrs Rodes!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures!! The bride is stunning! I bet you had a blast. Hope all is well with you. Ill have to write an email soon to catch up with you.

    Miss you!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete