As I have said in past years, I am thankful to still celebrate Christmas day the same way I did growing up and the only way I have ever known. The only difference now is that Hayley & Jerry do not spend the night on Christmas Eve but they do arrive early on Christmas morning to have breakfast together and open presents. In fact, they were so on the ball this year that they got up and ready and over to my parents' house before I even woke up (which is why I look a little groggy in the picture below!).
After a delicious breakfast casserole and freshly squeezed orange juice (both newer Christmas morning traditions) and opening every individual gift one by one, we hit the road for Petersburg to spend the day with the Newton side of the family.
Mawmaw is not the easiest to buy for so I was thrilled to see her using a gift I bought for her a year or two ago.
Pictured below is the usual spread of food that Mawmaw solely prepares. How crazy that it takes a panoramic shot to capture it all! We usually offer to help with the cooking but I honestly do not think she wants any assistance. We do not like how much time and effort she puts into feeding us but we sure do appreciate the good food.

Mawmaw is not the easiest to buy for so I was thrilled to see her using a gift I bought for her a year or two ago.
Pictured below is the usual spread of food that Mawmaw solely prepares. How crazy that it takes a panoramic shot to capture it all! We usually offer to help with the cooking but I honestly do not think she wants any assistance. We do not like how much time and effort she puts into feeding us but we sure do appreciate the good food.
Actually, Mom did contribute to the desserts with one of my favorite sweet treats. These are no bake chocolate/peanut butter balls full of deliciousness...coconut, flax seed, oat bran, honey, walnuts, and dark chocolate cocoa to name a few.
Handy gloves with a built in drink koozie for the cousins from their Dad. They had fun modeling them.
Me with my two cousins. Sad Hayley was missing from the picture because she and Jerry had already hit the road to head to northern Virginia to be with Jerry's family.
And here are a few photos of Christmas decor in my house and my parents'...




No comments:
Post a Comment