Each year it has a different theme and this year's was...
Bundled up before we stepped into the tent and braved the 9 degree temperature. I was thinking at the time how rare it is to experience temps that low and how I couldn't handle life in the north. Who knew that we would have those temps (or close to it) for multiple days in Virginia this winter?!
Every bit of the displays are made of ice. An amazing art...
We couldn't finished the tour without a ride on the ice slide.
Mom got a head start
Dad's strategy to keep his boots from getting wet gave us some extra entertainment!
A wonderful ending to focus on the reason we celebrate Christmas.
I made the mistake of taking off my gloves at the end to more easily take pictures and my hands started throbbing. I finally had to run out because I couldn't bear the pain. After only 20 or so minutes of the sub 10 degree temperatures, I realized how much I am not cut out for cold places AND how careful you have to be when the temps are below freezing. Even though it seemed like a relatively short tour, I was thankful to have thrown on an extra layer under my jeans and multiple layers up top. They were definitely needed!
We topped off our Northern VA adventures with a trip to Ikea the following day. I have only been once or twice before so I was like a kid in a candy store that day. I walked away with my major objective accomplished of buying a bedroom dresser and I found a couple other great finds as well. This was just the jump start I needed to making a few minor, but very useful, changes to my place.
No comments:
Post a Comment