Cooking a hot breakfast Saturday morning
Here I am with L who I used to babysit for when she was little. L and her Mom were part of our Kenya team. They are definitely adventure friends and so much fun. I'm already asking them what's next on the list!
Despite the clear forecast, it began to sprinkle shortly after breakfast. I went to take a shower and by the time I returned, the guys had rigged an impressive shelter.
The huge tarp that Ted brought was big enough that all 16 of us could remain dry. Who cares about rain when there's shelter, a warm fire, and friends to enjoy?
Ingenuity to keep rain from puddling and the stick from poking a hole...
Shortly after breakfast was over and our site had been waterproofed, it was time for lunch! We spent the majority of our time that weekend around the campfire and eating (a good combination).
A creative way to enjoy warm chocolate chip cookies
Thankfully, we had a lot of boys who would gather broken branches and limbs from the wood and chop them for our fire
The weather cleared enough in the afternoon for the majority of our gang to head to the lake to fish. Then enjoyed themselves despite not catching any dinner for us.
The grill master
Sunday morning was cool & crisp...perfect camping weather as long as you have warm covers and wood that will burn.
All of the kiddos gathered around the fire that morning and played games while the adults made breakfast and prepared to pack up camp.
The whole gang
This was such a fun group to camp with that we were already wanting to plan another trip as we were saying goodbye.






No comments:
Post a Comment