Because I am on a roll with this whole catching up idea, here are a few pictures from Kim's actual wedding day, ceremony, and reception back on December 8th!
(That really wasn't THAT long ago, was it?!)
A few of the bridesmaids went to a local salon to get our hair and makeup done and then we headed over to Lansdowne Resort to finish getting ready in Kim's suite where she was having hers done. Her stylist did a great job! (I wasn't as thrilled with mine but it was not my day and I had been sick all week with the flu so it didn't really matter!) It felt weird to be less than a mile from where I used to live and to be in the hotel that I used to pass when I took afternoon walks.
We took a limo from Lansdowne to Raspberry Plain, the site of the reception, before the ceremony to take pictures while it was still light outside. Believe it or not, this was my first limo ride.
We were all ready except for Kim when we arrived at Raspberry Plain so we helped (or just watched and took pictures) as she put on her dress and finishing touches.
On our way to the church and all ready to go!
This was time for Kim to finally relax and enjoy the day now that everything was done. You could tell that she was breathing a sigh of relief and excited to get the show on the road!
This was time for Kim to finally relax and enjoy the day now that everything was done. You could tell that she was breathing a sigh of relief and excited to get the show on the road!
The ceremony was held at a very old church in downtown Leesburg. The pictures below were taken in a side room at the church as we waited for the festivities to begin.
And then on to the reception back at Raspberry Plain...
The bridesmaids
So glad to catch up a bit with Alison at the reception. It's too bad we had to drive 3 hours to see each other when we live in the same town!
Alison and her cute family
Due to my lack of energy and slow recovery from the flu, Ted decided at the last minute to rearrange his weekend plans so that he could drive me up to Leesburg for the wedding. Kim and her parents graciously insisted that he join us for the event. I was so thankful to be able to ride and rest that weekend!
*So many of the pictures are sepia or black & white because I just didn't like the coloring. I am not sure if it was the fact that I looked ill (which was justified) or that it was December and we were all a winter white. Either way, I ended up liking most NOT in color.
No comments:
Post a Comment